* Hired American City Corporation in partnership with the City of Lowell to develop a Downtown Master Plan.
* Involved in all aspects of the development of the Hotel – Lower Locks – Access Road project including acquisition of the Strand site and land-banked for future use of Hotel.
* Provided funding for the Lowell Model for Educational Excellence.
* Developed and funded in part the “I came to Lowell” marketing campaign.
* Purchased the Commodore Club site for future expansion plans of the LRTA. Land-banked the property until needed.
* Provided funding and support for creation of a Downtown Main Street Manager. Also provided administrative support as well as space.
* Created and raised funds for Tsongas/Tully Arts Fund.
* Coordinated and supported development of City Cultural Master Plan. Involved in hiring and funding for the position of Cultural Affairs Director. Supported this office with free space and administrative support.
* Purchased Nesmith House and saved property from demolition. Conduits for other grants, funds etc. for the safekeeping and stabilization of this building.
* Purchased Elias Tobacco Bldg. for use in CBA development plans. Sold property to CBA.
* Purchased tour boats from private party for use by National Park Service. Through a lease-buy back arrangement the boats later became the property of the NPS.
* Funded the feasibility study for the creation of an ordinance for Biotechnology companies.
* Appeared at City Council Public Hearing and supported the rezoning of land by Demoulas for future K-Mart development.
* Conduit for funding and contract services with Vanness Hangen-Brustlen for redesign and widening of Route 38.
* Supported and lobbied for School Building Program funding.
* Funded a promotional video for Lowell High School.
* Conduit for funding for feasibility study for Lowell Arena project. Contracted with Coopers and LyBrand to do the study.
* Provided funding for promotional video for Lowell School System.
* Contracted with a consultant to determine feasibility of minor league baseball in Lowell. Hired Art Hittner to help bring minor league baseball to Lowell.
* Helped support start-up of a new Chamber of Commerce by providing staff support and free space.
* Conduit for a signing “bonus” to Clyde and Charlene Small conditional on their relocating their Single A team in Lowell.
* Provided financial support for Lowell Folk Festival over the years.
* Provided financial support for Boarding House Park concert series over the years.
* Assisted Spindle City Corp. with start-up by providing staff support, funding and office-space etc.
* Assisted start-up of Children’s Museum by providing staff support, administrative support, and office space.
* Provided lobbying effort and business support for the Julian Steele Reinvention and Replication public hearing process.
* Created and coordinated the Housing Incentive Program for homeownership opportunities. Program was partnered with Saints Memorial, Lowell General, City of Lowell, Community Teamwork Inc., UMass at Lowell and Middlesex Community College.
* Provide start-up, administrative services, and funding for the marketing campaign “There’s a lot to like about Lowell.” Coordinate all aspects of this campaign as well as the Public Relations component.
* Co-sponsored and coordinated Urban Land Institute 5 Day Advisory Panel to study development potential for downtown as well adjacent development sites
* Hired consultants for feasibility study of the Hamilton Canal District
* Hired consultants to produce and implement a Creative Economy Plan
* Provided funding in partnership with the City and Merrimack Valley Economic Development Council to hire Buxton to assess the potential for the City of Lowell to recruit and expand its retail sector
* Directs “Public Matters: Empowering Lowell’s Leaders” program in partnership with the Lowell National Historical Park
* Administers the contract for the Phase I Trolley Extension on behalf of the Lowell National Historical Park