Public Matters combines an extensive orientation to the resources and networks in Lowell coupled with skill development and a practicum in organizational development.
- Creating a network of new leaders fully engaged in the future of Lowell;
- Providing a forum for emerging and existing leaders to develop a vision for community development that strengthens the whole community;
- Promoting an understanding of and appreciation for the history, cultural diversity, and economic and government resources of Lowell;
- Encouraging resource sharing and collaboration;
- Building the capacity of the public and private sectors through the development of leadership and experiential learning; and
- Ensuring diversity among the leaders of Lowell.